Seal your acrylic work with a archival quality, transparent, matte acrylic layer which is breathable, permanent and protects against UV damage.
- 100% acrylic polymer varnish adds a matte sheen, protects and resists dirt retention
- Dries clear to a flexible, non-tacky, hard surface
- Increases brightness and color saturation
- Adjusts and unifies surface sheen
- Improves surface durability - ideal when shipping or exhibiting
- Protects colors from UV light damage
- Resists discoloration - yellowing and fogging - caused by humidity, heat and UV
- Depending on the substrate, it allows surface moisture to pass through and breathe
- Allows for easy cleaning without fear of damaging the acrylic paint film
- Has excellent leveling properties - will not hold brush marks
- Semi-opaque when wet, transparent when dry
- Use on flexible or rigid supports
- Ideal for complete coverage of heavy textures and vertical applications
- Designed for interior and exterior use
This thinner has been specially developed to maintain the oily feel & keeps Artisan colour open longer than water.Although water is suitable as a diluent for the colour, its speedy evaporation can make the colour thicken upon the palette much quicker than conventional oil colour would when used with turpentine. As Artisan thinner does not form an emulsion with the colour, there is less colour change than there would be with water.
- Low odour.
- Can be cleaned up with water.
- Can be combined with Artisan oils to prepare mediums.
This reliable favourite is a general purpose semi gloss medium which speeds drying, improves flow and reduces brush stroke retention.Halves the drying time of conventional oil colour (touch dry in 1-6 days depending on colour & film thickness).Resists yellowing. Not suitable as a varnish or final coat.